Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Daddies little boy


After being gone for awhile, I thought that I would share with you why. I want to introduce you to Jonathan David King. Born April 11, 2006 9 lbs 14 0z. More importantly he was a Gift of God. I have spending time getting to know him and his personality. I am loving it and can't wait to go home every night and play and feed him. I am finding more joy than I ever thought possible.

Last year right after we found out my wife was pregnant a visiting pastor prophesied that we were going to have a baby boy and that he was going to be a "Gift of God". He kept repeating it over and over six times. That was on Sunday and on Wednesday we went to the doctors office and they were able to confirm through a sonogram that it was a boy. The name Jonathan in the Hebrew means "gift of God" so it was fitting for him. The middle name we gave him was after my Pastor David because he has been such a father figure to me in the ministry and in normal life. David means Beloved of God. With a name that literally means A gift of God, Beloved of God, King represents the servant child of God.

I know you are asking what has any of this to do with the price of tea in China and I am happy to say it has nothing to do with it but in the Kingdom of God it has everything with my Father in heaven. We have had some hard times trying to have children but we feel like God has spoken into our lives and has told us we were going to have children. It could have been easy to give up but I know what the Bible says about the promises and the faithfulness of God. In Hebrews 10:23 HIV says "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful".

I just want to let you know if you listen and search for the promises of God you will hear them and know that they will be fulfilled because "He who has promised is faithful". The Bible says that he is a respecter of no man with means that he will bless you as much as he would me or any other person. I have received great blessings from God that I don't deserve, so can you.
Be blessed in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: