Monday, September 11, 2006

The day the whole world changed. Remembering 9/11


There are few things in life that are worth remembering where you were at when something happened, such as when JFK was shot, when Ronald Reagan was shot, the day you got married, the birth of your children, and many more things that are of a major importance in the world in which we live.

I have Sept 11, 2001 eternally burned into my brain because of what happened. I remember the day like it was five minutes ago. I remember being at work and being told of what had happened and going back to a t.v. and seeing the second plane flying into the other tower. I remember that the anger swelled up inside of me and I wanted to see an unleashing of destruction upon the people responsible. I wanted to see them wiped off the face of the earth. Surely that was our right, right?

At that time I was a Bible College student working to recieve a Pastoral Studies degree time, and I remember my faith being questioned about what had happened but I was reminded of 1 Peter 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. I knew at that moment that I had to quit playing around and get to doing what God was calling me for. At times it takes something very dramatic to wake us up and make us realize that there is a real enemy and a real danger. I am thankful that I did not know anyone personally that died as a result of the attacks but I do know that our lives are affected greatly though.

To the families that lost loved ones I am so sorry that you had had to experience a loss like this due to the ignorance of the terrorist that did this. My prayers are for you and my heart goes out to you. I pray that God gives you the comfort to help you through your trials
2 Cor 1:3-5 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

We will never forget what has happened and we should never forget the people that are sick with all sort of illnesses from working at ground zero. You all are heros aand we owe you the gratitude of the whole U.S.A.. Thank you for your sacrifice. We love you.

No comments: