Tuesday, October 16, 2007

first two services at ICC


Good Morning, I know it has been awhile since I blogged, I have been busy running around trying to get everything taken care of so we could have our first church services.
Let me start and say that starting a new church is not for the weak at heart or for someone who has a not so strong marriage because the stress could cause a heart attack or divorce. I am fortunate that after loosing 53 lbs that I am healthy as a horse and my marriage to my beautiful wife is strong enough to bend and be flexible.
I am very excited about the first two services we had and am looking on to the future. I am going to buy the Baptism Tub today (8ft long water trough). I am hoping to have our first baptism service in about two weeks. I hope to have a good crowd around for that and our first baby dedication will be the 2nd weekend in November.
Our first service we had about 70 people total and the 2nd service we had 43 but we had to compete with the big Piney Woods Fair so although it looks like we went down we had several people call and say that they was going to the fair because it is only once a year and or was going out of town.
I can't wait to see what happens this weekend because it just get's better all the time. I am lucky to have the friends and support staff that have come around me to help me get this started and no one person can do it alone. As a matter of fact I have to lay the credit down at the feet of my staff because it is because of their hard work and contacts that we have been able to grow. I do know how important it is to take care of your staff so we are trying to plan our first staff get a way even if it just one day.

Our praise and worship team we are calling the "On the fly band" because they just flew into our lives and came along right when we needed them. Only God can bring about something like that. I love the sound that they have. It is old style honkey tonk country music put to christian lyrics and old gospel songs. As a matter of fact I thank most of your honky tonkers would feel right at home in our service. We have already had one salvation and several baptisms lined up to be had so I am hanging on for the ride my life.

God Bless,

1 comment:

Rob said...

Wow, good morning indeed. If on is up blogging before 6am, he must be one busy pastor!

Just when I think I "get" the cowboy church thing, I read something like "I'm buying the baptism tub today (8 foot long water trough)..." and I just crack up. We compete with a 12 o'clock Cowboys game and you compete with the Fair! LOL!!

I knew you would be a good pastor because you love people, but in my wildest dreams I never thought of such a perfect fit as you in a cowboy church.

I love hearing about what God is doing with ICC and we'll continue to keep you guys in our prayers.

Love ya!