Monday, May 05, 2008

God is so Good!

This last Sunday we finally made our break to our Sunday Morning Service. I anguished over that for some time but I knew that the Lord was leading us to do it. When it came time to get ready to start I was holding my breath because they did not start coming in till about 10 minutes before service, but when they did come they all came at once. We had 49 people there and we had a great move of the Spirit during Praise and Worship.
I can't tell you how hard of a decision that was for me but I knew that it was the right thing to do because we were competing with every major event on Saturday night. This last Saturday night we had a major concert in town with Blake Shelton and Casey Donahew. If we had been on Saturday night we would not have had a great turn out.
I was pleased to see a new beginning at ICC. We have some new families that are coming and I feel like they are wonderful additions to our family and can't wait to have a chance to take them out and have dinner with them so we can get a chance to get to know them a little better.
One thing about becoming a Senior Pastor that you learn fast, that is, you need God to be with you every step of the way. You can't afford going around making decisions that just seem right, you have to seek the Lord and remain teachable. I said this week that God is always speaking for those who will listen. Sometimes we need to just stop and listen, Amen!

No comments: