Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Nacogdoches Rodeo

This year we had a great time in at the Rodeo in Town. We bought 1,000 ticket and worked with some churches here in town to help fill the seats at the Rodeo. Impact Cowboy Church of Nacogdoches, Jubilee Christian Center, Holly Springs Baptist Church, Fredonia Hills Baptist Church, Trinity Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, Nacogdoches Sheet metal and supply, and several other churches helped with the tickets. Our goal was to fill 1,000 seats and we did a great job along with the help of our church friends.

On Saturday we rode on a trail ride that ended up at the Rodeo. We had John & Betty Kitchens, Mike Pennington, myself, as well as some personal friends that we all had. We thought it was going to be a 14 mile ride but we were informed that it was a 18 mile ride. I think my horse was a little tired afterwards as were we all.

All the people that participated in the trailride were allowed to ride in the Grand Entry for the Rodeo and it sure was a long time coming.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Thanks for all you do in spreadin' God's Word to the cowboys and cowgirls of the world.

I have been lookin' for blogs that relate to the cowboy ministry. Your blog is about as good as I could find. I will be posting a link to it as part of my research for a project I am doing. You might be interested in it. You can find it at http://blog.ourchurch.com/2010/05/06/31dbbb-day-4-analyze-a-top-blog-in-your-niche/ hope you can stop in and see what I have to say.

Come by and check us out at www.campfirecowboyministries.com if you have a chance.

Tied on for God,

Kevin Weatherby
Pastor
Pecos County Cowboy Church
Fort Stockton, Texas