Monday, May 15, 2006

Father's Voice

Hello everyone this is my first blog ever so please be patient with me as we go. I have recently had the most incredible thing happen to me, On April 11, 2006 My wife gave birth to my first son which we named Jonathan David King. They had to do a c-section because My wife had been in labor for 12 hours and were becoming worried and decided that it was the time to take action and help her along the way. They gave me my scrubs so I could go in and be there to support and be an encourager to her. They had given me some pretty strict instructions and I agreed to follow them to the letter of the law as they required. During the c-section I was like a deer in the headlights frozen with fear, anticipation, and a long to see my son. When they finally pulled Jonathan out of Caye they passed him around the room to a cleaning station where a nurse started the cleaning process. It is amazing how they handle babies at the hospital, they have a tendency to be kind of rough with them, so I am about to get mad but I had to remind myself that they are the professionals and I am just a bystander. I was torn between looking at my son and looking at my wife who was experiencing a great ordeal of discomfort and pain. Finally the nurse that was cleaning Jonathan asked me if I wanted to come see my son so I leapt across the room and stood by the cradle where he was screaming loudly. The very first words that I spoke to him was "Jonathan this is you Father, I love you", when I spoke to him he immediately quit crying and started looking at me. The nurse told my that I could touch him so I reached down and took his hands and held them and talked to him for about twenty minutes. While I was talking to him and telling him how much I loved him, something came to mind John 10:27 NIV My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I understood something then, Jonathan had never seen me but had been able to hear my voice through the womb and he knew it as being his Father's voice.
Sometimes we forget that while we are in the dark we are in the perfect place to grow and hear our Father's voice. He longs to come over to you and hold you and comfort you and the good thing is you do not have to even be cleaned up for him to want to touch you. We should always be looking for the time when we feel alone so we can listen for him to tell you that he is your Father and that he loves you.
If you are lonely and need God to touch you just wait and listen for his voice so he can comfort you in a way that only a Father can.

3 comments:

David said...

Great job Stan, welcome to the world of blog!

Rob said...

Good job. Now just keep it up!

Dawn Irons, Ph.D, LPC-S said...

Awesome job Stan! I see Rob the Blog Cop has already given you your first "warning" LOL!!

Keep Em coming!!

Hug the baby & the wife for me!

Dawn