Monday, May 22, 2006

My life as a Father

This weekend was a great weekend. It started out on Saturday morning by ministering at the men's breakfast at a restaurant that is an all you eat buffet. I was really enjoying watching the men eating but afterwards I questioned my wisdom in having it at a buffet because after men eat big meals they want to sleep. As you could imagine it was funny watching them trying to stay awake but it was still a good time and I got to spend time with the men that I love being around.

When Jonathan was born I had to miss a few men's meetings so this was the first one back since January. I missed being with my friends but I missed being with my son that morning even more. I can't wait till the time comes where I can go spend time with him as a man and just enjoy being with him in what he will like to do . When I went home I just sat down with him and spent time with him so I could share with him in his day. My life has opened up since I have him in my life. I am experiencing a deeper love than I have ever known you could have. Now I can see why God loves his children so much and can't wait to spend time with us. When Jonathan smiles at me my heart melts and now I see when we spend time in unselfish prayer God's heart must melt toward us.

Trust me the most moving thing you can experience is being married to a great woman like I am and having a child like Jonathan . God will entrust you with Children and it is an incredible experience to feel the love of the Father through your Family. When you see it in this light it makes you realize what a responsiblity being a man of God is. We don't have the option of failing. We are men of God we have to lead and love our families so get prayed up and let God spend some time with his child. Blessings.

No comments: