Monday, July 17, 2006

Time of transformation

Hello, it has been a time of transformation in my
family this week. My father has sold his home in Florida and moved here to be close to his new Grandson. I have been doing a lot of shopping for him and found him a real nice 31 Ft fifth wheel RV to live in. It is beginning to be a very stressful time for me because I am spending his money for everything getting things lined out and it bothers me to spend a large amount of some one else's money.

I have not lived with or around my Father since I was fifteen years old and I have come to the conclusion that we are two completely different people. He stresses over everything and I don't stress at all, he smokes I don't, he is small and I am large, I am reaching out to do what God wants me to do and he just wants to follow after me, I am a leader and he is a follower.

Trying to find common ground is hard but I am not shrinking back from the challenge although I probably will buy some Tylenol. God has been faithful to me and I will not back out of this yet just because it looks like it is going to be hard to deal with. I am so glad that my son will have the time to spend with his Grandpa that I did not have. I want my family to be whole again. The pic is dads new camper. It has these things called slideouts that slide out to make more room in the camper to move around, so it transforms to make room so that you can live in the camper much like our hearts transform so Jesus can live in our hearts. Unlike our hearts the slideouts can only go so far but our hearts can keep growing for Jesus kind of like slideout with out limit. I hope that my heart can keep growing and make a mansion for Jesus. Silly I know, but please understand what I am trying to say. We all can take a little time to grow in God till the Day we move on be in his presence.

As a young pastor I know that my family must be in order and I know that God has delivered to me this opportunity so I shall go forth and make the best of this situation. I thank God that I am able to see this as one of the greatest things that has happened to me but if in the mean time you say hi to me and I snarl at you please don't take it personally my heart is sliding out and the hydraulic pump is out and I am having to manually slide it out a little at a time.

Blessings, stan

No comments: