Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beware of the Meds

I dedicate this post to a friend of mine named Darlene, Yesterday was the first day back at the church since I went to Hospital. Darlene came up and told me that I better go back and recheck the spelling in my last blog, she was able to realize that my meds were probably messing with me. I got a good laugh this morning looking at it as I did a spell check.

As a Pastor I walk a thin line with medications not wanting to get hooked or being so medicated that I don't make sense at what I say. Last night I took my meds so that I would have a clear mind so I could speak, but the pain made it hard to keep my thoughts together. Dang if I do, Dang if I don't.

In the midst of being home and healing I have seen a lot of people stand up in the gap for my wife and I and I am thankful for their personal ministries to us.

We have so many people to thank, so today I will start off with Darlene, Darlene thank you for being the woman of God that you are, sometimes I can't express how important you are to us but remember we LOVE YOU, you make this worth it for us being here. You were here from the beginning which you will always have my respect for. Thank you for making me laugh at myself, and thank you for watching after my words, even when I am a little impaired.
We love you Darlene,
stan

1 comment:

Meagan Henning said...

We love you and we are glad you are home! Being in the hospital sucks! I am hoping that Daniel and I and the kids can plan a trip down to see you and Kay! Rob and Brooke has told us nothing but great things. I know Daniel has been down but we would like to be there for a church service. That way we can see you in action! :) Maybe we can come sometime after we get back from Nicaragua! We love you and Kay! Have a great week!