Monday, August 04, 2008

God's power is made perfect in my weakness part II

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Recently I have had my world turned upside down with me breaking 8 ribs and going into the hospital for 5 day. I went in on a Wednesday and came out on a Sunday and think God was wanting me to see something that he was doing in the lives of Impact Cowboy Church and although that go.

I had come to the point where I had my hands on everything going on not by choice but just because I was the Pastor and felt I needed to do more than my part to show people that I am a loving and concerned pastor that cares for his flock and is not scared to get in and work right along side of them. I was becoming a workaholic without even knowing it.

When the accident happened I could not be there to make sure everything was going on as normal which really bothered me, but here is the thing that really showed me a fresh new look at God caring for me. People started rising up and taking on things that my wife and I normally did and did a great job at it. Others took up the teaching slack for me, Rex, Keith, and Billy. Darlene started organizing meals for us and I am sure took care of getting the church sanctuary ready.

Here is what I figured out God don't need strong people because if he did he would have been on Goliath's side and all the Giants that are mentioned in the Bible. He would have used the mightiest warriors to win the battles. The Romans would have been the people to continue the work of the Lord.

But the truth is that God did not want those people, he took people that were discouraged, in dept, wounded, depressed and made them in to the mighty men of Israel. God wants to find the least of the least and raise them up to display his Glory. I guess in my shape God is getting some Glory because I am having to rely on his grace.

Our church has been growing steadily this last Sunday 83 people there. God is good just always look to God and know that if it is too big for you to do it is just the right size for God.

No comments: