Thursday, August 07, 2008

Retired?

Working friends frequently ask me what I do to make my retirement interesting. Well, for example,the other day I went into town to get the WallStreet Journal so I could track my investments. I was only in the store forabout 5 minutes.
When I came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. I said, 'Come on, don't you have anything better to do than write a retired person a ticket? Why aren't you out chasing crooks or child molesters? He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.
I called him a 'Nazi.' He glared at me and wrote another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him 'Barney Fife'. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he wrote a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.
Personally, I didn't care..... I came downtown on the bus. The car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said "Obama in 08". I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my mental health.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Now that one had me laughing out loud. We all need to do our part to support Obama!