Monday, October 23, 2006

Deer Season is finally here!!!!!!!!!!


Praise the lORD! It is almost deer season! I am a hunter and love to see the change of the weather knowing that deer season is right around the corner. I really don't ask much in life but my hunting is one thing that I can do that relaxes me like nothing else can. Unfortunatly, when I go hunting I don't need to harvest a buck every year, but it is the time out in nature seeking after God that I need more than any thing.

It is an awesome experience to be able to go to the deer camp and sit in my tree stand with no distractions, I feel like I am drawing closer to God every year because I find that I need him more and more every year. To me it is like I am having Revival with in my Spirit just like some denominations schedule a yearly revival meeting at their churches so do I in the East Texas Pineywoods.

I find as a new dad wanting to be a Godly father to my son, there is more and more that I don't know about being a father. I find that I am so desperate for God, even to the point that I can not stand to be without him and his direction for my life, and that is when my soul cries out in a desperate need of God.

A couple of weeks ago my Pastor wrote about when a deer is running from something it will have a strong desire for water to the point that is the only thing on it's mind. I know that as a hunter here in the south that this is true because when the deer's body is under a high degree of stress it produces something called Lactic acid which can help the body produce emergency energy in case of a need for a quick get away, but when the body produce too much over a long period of time it can start turning back on the body and can slow down a deer to the point of exaustion or even death, unless it gets to water and and is able to drink. It has a way of resetting the metabolic system of the deer which causes the deer's body to start healing itself.

I find that I am like that deer under extreme physical stress longing for that water except for me it is God that I long for. With out him I will die because my body was never made to take the stress of this life with out him. He is my Savior and my friend. Psalms 42:1-2 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

As the writer of Psalms 42 asked God "When can I meet with you?" we need to get out and spend time with God. Ask him when can we meet I bet he want tell to get your people to call his people so you can do lunch together some other time. He is there for you when you are ready to spend time with him.

Please take the time to pass down these two legacies to your children.
1) As being a hunter
2) Being a Hunter for Christ.

Blessings and happy hunting

No comments: