Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Standing alone


Today I received an email from a man that I consider to be one of my spiritual sons. He asked for forgiveness for a few things which was between us. Not realizing that I still love him and miss him. He recently got married to his long time girl friend and moved away to train for the Olympics. I am so proud of him and all he is trying to do. I am watching from afar hoping he will let me back into his life again and to be able to speak the Truth to him.

The biggest thing that came up between us was that I wanted to see him step up and be what God called him to be as a leader and he was just not able to see himself as a leader but someone outside of the group looking in. Just like in this picture if you are standing alone it makes you an easy target for the enemy and allows the enemy to keep you from achieving all that you can for the Kingdom of God.

In the military we used to say that "better sense is the better part of valor", and that "the only hero's that we knew of were dead men." We used to try and teach our men not to be dead hero's but alive men who did their jobs that saved the lives of a lot of men, that is called team work. So remember before you allow yourself to wonder too far away form the herd ask yourself why are you making the decision to be separated from the group and what good can become of it.

For the young man that wrote me today, I will not mention his name but, I love you and miss you. I will pray for you and your marriage and remember you always have a place in my house and my heart.

Blessings,
Stan

No comments: