Friday, July 06, 2007

Strange days

I had meetings with two of the leading pastors here in Nacogdoches yesterday and they both asked me not to plant a church here because it is already strained in the area and they have had a downturn on finaces here in town. I thought it was funny thought how one of them wanted me to go start a church in Lufkin saying that it was more fertile ground and even offered finacial help in doing so. These were the same people who several months ago said that it would be great to have the help here in town.

Frustration is the word of the day around here, the job market is looking pretty rough and we will be leaning on the Lord to get us through. I am having to pick myself up and dust myself off and go on. Please pray for me and my family for wisdom and financial backing.

Blessings,
Stan

2 comments:

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob said...

I take it these guys didn't understand you were targeting UNchurched people in the community in opening your church? Did they think you were gonna come in and steal the tithers they had, or were they afraid the unsaved people you would bring in would make all of the money in town so there was none left for their people to give? Wow, lots of pastors hungry for souls, huh?